Our annual dinner got off to a flying start with Kelvin on sax as we assembled in the bar at Beech village hall. The triple fff beer and selection of fine wines and alcohol free alternatives were flowing as we took our seats for dinner. Club Chairman Guy welcomed us to the event and thanked the organising team, the committee and our sponsors Owens Cycles and Hi-Tech Heating. He also asked for a volunteer to help set up some new club competitions to replace the time trial series which we will not be running this year.
Club champions for the 2022 season were presented their trophies with the following winners:
- Ladies Hill Climb, Ruth Stratford
- Men’s Hill Climb, Justin Lee
- Ladies Strava Segment Challenge, Ruth Stratford
- Men’s Segment Challenge, James Allen and Shaun Blow
- Ladies Distance Challenge, Ruth Stratford
- Ladies Climbing Challenge, Ruth Stratford
- Men’s Distance Challenge, Guy Henshaw
- Men’s Climbing Challenge, Ian Ransom
- Track, John Mansfield
- Time Trials 10 mile and 25 mile, Robert Ditcham
- Club Member of the Year, Becci May
Our after-dinner speaker, Simon Potter, gave a heartfelt account of his Race Across America last year, complete with graphic images which told their own story of just how challenging this race is. A big thank you to Simon and all that were at the dinner!